Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Apple Remote Desktop 3.9 update

So you came here because you updated your clients?
You really installed the Apple Remote Desktop 3.9 Client ?

And so now some of your clients are accessible via Screen Sharing but fail to do anything else?

No packages installable? No UNIX commands executable? No reports generatable?

I had the same problem.

But I think I was able to fix it.

At least I got it running on my blocked clients.

What I did, was to execute this script on the client machines:

#!/bin/sh
# Fix ARD 3.9 clients 
rm -Rf /Library/Application\ Support/Apple/Remote\ Desktop/Client/privatekey
rm -Rf /Library/Application\ Support/Apple/Remote\ Desktop/Client/publickey
/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -activate -restart -agent -console
exit 0
That's it.

The first two commands delete the client's certificates.
Kickstart is then used to regenerate the certificates needed.

Maybe the clients have to be readded to the Remote Desktop Admin

From then on, they worked as expected....

No comments: